Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You Get More Coupons with Sugar than Vinegar

Turkey Hill Coupons
I am often asked, "Where do you get your coupons?"  Obtaining coupons is easy.  The easiest way is to simply ask for them.  Ask your friends, co-workers, relatives and neighbors to save them for you.  Lots of people will clip one or two coupons out of the Sunday coupons and then toss the rest away.  Ask them to start passing along any coupons they are not interested in using. 

Another way to obtain coupons is to email the manufacturer and request them.  I believe there is an art to requesting coupons.  For example, I emailed Turkey Hill and told them how much I love their "Blackberry Diet Tea". This is very true.  Then I politely asked if they ever had coupons for their product.  I received the above packet of coupons by mail a few days later.  A two minute email netted me several coupons which when doubled will make the products free or severely discounted. The trick will be to combine the coupons with sales of these products.

The point is I didn't complain about the product. I told the company how much I enjoyed the product. I recently read a quote that said, "When in doubt about what to say, be kind." 

Free Cream
I was attempting to print a couple of coupons from the International Delight website and had difficulty getting the coupons to print.  I emailed the company and asked why I was having problems. Once again, I didn't go on a rant or complain.  I am of the opinion that people who throw fits in stores or write nasty letters are simply making fools of themselves. Think of the last time you lost your cool, did it make you feel good about yourself? I have decided allowing myself to occasionally be wronged is a major step forward in simplifying my life.

I was able to eventually print the International Delight coupons online and the nice cream people sent me this free coupon. 

Most manufacturers will send you coupons once or twice a year if requested. Try it. What do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment