Friday, February 22, 2013

How to Make Easy, Simple Moist Apple Cake


This is one of my favorite recipes because it came from my Grandma Summers. Once my husband told Grandma how much he liked this cake. Ever after, she make this cake for him almost every time we visited.
 
This is a very easy cake to make and is very, very moist. To begin, chop up 3 1/2 to 4 cups of fresh apples.
 
 
These are the ingredients you will need:
 
 
2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs
2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/3 Cup Oil
3 T. Water
3 Cup Flour
1 Heaping Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 - 4 Cups Chopped Apples
1 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
 
This is what I call a dump cake. You take all the ingredients and dump them together. Stir until well mixed.

 
This is the "dough" before I added in the apples. It's so thick that it is the consistency of play dough. At this point, you will be thinking, "This can't be right". Trust me. It's very right. Pinch off a piece and taste. It's delicious.
 
 
Now mix in those chopped apples and the nuts must if you must. I don't particularly care for nuts so I usually leave them out. It will be hard because the cake mix is so thick. Keep trusting me.

 
Pour into a greased cake pan. Pour is not really the right word. The mixture is so thick that the process is more like dumping and spreading. Bake at 350 degrees until done. The cake is done when an inserted knife comes out clean. I start checking at about 45 minutes.

 
Cut into pieces and put a dollop of whipped cream on top for garnish. The whipped cream is a very important feature. Don't forget it. Eat and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment